August 22, 2007





August 22, 2007
First day of school!! Oh we were just giddy at our house this morning with the prospect of school before us. Liberty couldn't hardly contain herself (although some it was just a little nervous energy i think) I took her to school today and tomorrow she will try the school bus. I thought I was doing pretty well until i tried to sing along with the radio on the way there and my voice started cracking. But, I held it together! I was close to tears, but the hustle and bustle of getting her there and dropped off at the right place didn't allow me time to give in and then it was over and I didn't have to worry. When I picked her up, I asked her if she had fun and all she said was "I thought it was going to be boring, but it was fun- I can't wait for tommorrow!!! " And so she's off and running at full speed. There goes my little girl, growing up on me. It's kind of bitter sweet. I'm so excited that she is progressing and learning, but it definately is a page turned in the book of life, whew. It was kind of different not having her little chatter box going all morning! Anyways, that's it for our first day of school:)

2 comments:

Elena said...

What a big girl! I can just see the excitment in her eyes. Glad she had fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a real school kid if I ever saw! Time for all grandkids to get a brick on their heads so they'll stop growing. Ha!