June 24, 2008

Try-it-Tuesday

If you have a tried and true recipe that your family loves, PLEASE share it. Post a recipe on your blog and then be sure to comment here with the title of your recipe.(i.e. Deidra says....Black Bean Brownies; that's all you have to type.) That way anyone can quickly look at the recipe names listed and see if they'd like to read more about it. Be sure to tell your blog readers to post their recipe title on your own comments, etc., etc. The more the merrier in this game. Let's just see how many recipe ideas we can come up with on this first official Try-It-Tuesday!!

I had the chance to try this recipe out the other night at our Relief Society Enrichment Night. The idea of all of the dishes was to bring something that used food storage items, but this recipe goes beyond that, it’s actually a pretty healthy treat and the taste difference is not very noticeable. By using the black beans in the brownie mix, you get brownies with way less fat and cholesterol and with more protein. Give it a try, they are pretty good. A lot of the women said they have made them for their families without letting them know the difference and no one picked up on it. Only those that knew what was being used could maybe tell the difference.

Black Bean Brownies

1 Box brownie mix
1 can black beans

Drain and rinse beans. Put beans back in can and fill with water. Puree beans and water. Pour into brownie mix and mix well. No other ingredients are needed. Bake in 9x13 pan according to box instructions.

Have fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to try these just to see. They sound bizarre, but I love that you don't have to add eggs or oil or anything. I'll let you know when I try them. Thanks for participating. This is kind of fun.

Elena said...

I should probably link to you to.. so Heavenly Chicken

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I have friends that swear by these brownies. I am gonna have to try them.
Found you through T-I-T from Elena, happy blogging.

Tressie Farley said...

I am excited to try these too. I love brownies but not the inches they add to my waste. If these help and still taste good, I'm all for them!

Tressie Farley said...

Oops, I meant "waist", not "waste" haha!