January 7, 2009

Here is a dumb Deidra moment for you.

So today I was trying to call my mom to ask her a question and nobody would pick up. I figured she must be on the ohter line so I just kept trying back every 15 min or so (They have call waiting, but don't usu it most of the time) Anyways, I finally get through and my brother answers the phone with some fake accent. I couldn't tell what he said, but I laughed and told him to go get mom. He continued with his accent and asked 'excuse me'. I was like, your good but not that good I can tell it's you Cheston. He still wouldn't pass the phone to my mom, so figuring he just wanted to chat for a minute I proceeded to tell him about when Kade pranked Halle into thinking she'd called pizza hut. Then I again ask him to go get mom. At this point I hear a click. I'm was thinking 'no way did he just hang up on me'. Then I started to get a sinking feeling in my stomach as I thought to see what number I'd called. Yeah, I'd called a hotel out in Utah in between trying my mom and had forgotten. So some desk clerk in Utah is thinking what a looney I am today. And thank goodness he doesn't know me. Oh brother!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good one! LOL

Natalie and Quin said...

I laughed so hard when I read that! I am just picturing the guy at the hotel telling his coworkers about this lady who wants me to get her mom.

Tonya said...

I Love it!... Who knows if it is like here in Texas. He may not speak English and has no idea what you said! He He

Elena said...

LOLLL!!! He probably thought you sere really trying to pull a funny with your own prank call story. Hilarious!

Tressie Farley said...

Oh man, Deij! That's hilarious :)