January 23, 2009

I recieved this email from one of my old Relief Society Presidents from college. I thought I would post it on here to help her out. If you have the time and interest, go check it out for her.

I am sending this email to everyone in my address book. I am sorry if I haven't contacted some of you in a while. I am writing to ask everyone to visit my blog at http://motherhadasecret.blogspot.com/ and read the first two chapters of my book "Mother Had A Secret". If you like it, please leave a comment and tell me so. If you want to read more, please tell your friends to read it and pass it on. The book is about my childhood and what life was like living with a mother diagnosed with Multiple Personality Disorder.
The New York publishers won't even take the time to read it because I am not a celebrity and they don't want to take a chance on anyone who hasn't already made a name for themselves. My agent told me, however, that if I can get a large number of people to read the blog and leave their comments, then I can prove to the editors that there is a market for the book and influence them to publish it. Please, please, please help me with this. I need everyone's help if this is going to work! Let's show the publishers and the world that some of the most powerful and compelling stories come from ordinary people and aren't just found among celebrities.

Thanks for your help!

Tiffany

0 comments: