October 21, 2009

Ok, for you men that are a little shy about "women" words I warn you to not read this post. If they don't bother you, read on! I've just been laughing this morning remembering how in high school, one of my good friends had a code word for tampons-they were called party favors. It was a good word, if you were in a public place, and needed to ask a friend for an emergency tampon, you would just ask her if she had any party favors. Now maybe people knew what we were talking about and maybe they didn't, but either way you felt a little less obvious and uncomfortable asking for a party favor. Well as of late my two youngest have discovered my stash of tampons in the bathroom cupboard and you know what? You would think they really were party favors. They have more fun opening them and popping those tampons up through the tube than just about anything I've seen them get there hands on. I don't love that they are wasting them, but it still cracks me up - other than I'm afraid there is going to be an untimely incident with one being opened and left in sight of front door company one day that I will miss!

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

i still like the code words! it still gets used on occasion! LOL....hilarious!

Cori said...

I love the code word!!! I have a zip lock bag of opened party favors by my kids!! Oh the joys

Sarah said...

lol. How funny!

Dawson Family said...

That is funny. AJ went through that phase too. And we called them that is high school as well. That is too funny. Amy

Tonya said...

That is so funny. I have never heard of that before, but now that I think about it, they would make great party favors.

Hobbs Family said...

Very Funny! Party Favors! I am your own sister and I never heard that before. Luckily my boys haven't found my stash.

Ryan and GeAnna said...

Hey Deidra, I don't know if you remember me or not, but your post made me laugh so hard. It reminded me of a personal story my mom told me. She used to lead the music for sacrament meeting. She looked down at the bench where her kids were sitting and saw that her 3 young boys had found her tampons, popped them open and were pretenting that they were shaving, making the noises and all. PS I love the code name "party favors" I have never heard that before

Gina Hurst said...

Thats funny! We used to call them quaters, cause thats how much they cost in a vending machine.

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry that I haven't called you back yet! Skylar coming home threw everything off for us.....So...what weekend works best for you? My husband won't be able to take another weekend off before the holidays--so it will just be bentley, nicole, and me.

Tiffany said...

Hey girl! I think that I'll be up there on Friday the 18th?! Nic said that would be alright, so Bentley, Nicole, and I will be there then! Can't wait to hang out!