April 14, 2009

April 1, 2009.
Kayson has been involved in a little neighborhood pre-school this year. The moms each take turns teaching and assisting. Today was my last turn at teaching so I thought I had better get some pictures to remember the event by. Our theme today was 'April showers bring May flowers'. We talked about the water cycle and what seeds need to grow. We then planted beans. Because of the theme and because it was April Fool's Day, I decided to make Dirt Pudding for the kids' snack. I thought most of them would know what it was, but they didn't so I had them going pretty good for awhile. One little girl knew that it really was pudding, but she still thought I had put dirt on top of it and asked me to scrape of the dirt so she could eat the pudding. I then told them "April Fool's" and assured them that it was cookie crumbs and pudding. Then they all dug in and enjoyed the snack. It was fun to see them get so excited to tell their moms that they had eaten dirt and worms for snack!


1 comments:

Cori said...

I have been wanting to get something like this started in our ward. It looks like lots of fun.