April 14, 2009

April 11, 2009

Finally on to Easter. We had a very nice Easter. We started our day on Saturday going to an Easter Egg Hunt at the local theater. They had the hunt divided into age groups, so all of our kids were in one room. We got into the room just a few seconds late and I didn't realize the hunt had started yet, so I told my kids to wait a minute. Then when I realized it was already going I rushed them off. A lady saw me hurrying them into the hunt, she looked at my kids and then looked at me and said "this is for 4-6 year olds" I assured her my kids were in that age range that they were just tall. I was pretty annoyed with her because she was really kind of snotty about it, but oh well I guess this is something I'm going to have to get used to. Kade thinks we'll get a lot of this attitude when our kids play sports.
Anyways, the Easter Bunny found us early on Saturday. I guess he hits the whold neighborhood on Saturday morning. So, the kids found their Easter baskets full of cany and with a set of colored pencils for each of them to put in their scriputre cases for church. We finished off the day coloring Easter Eggs, and enjoying Eggs Golden Rod for dinner.
On Sunday we enjoyed a nice meeting block and then headed to Grammy's for Easter Dinner. Grammy had made chocolate pies-mmmmmm good! As well as a really nice ham dinner. She had even made an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. I didn't get any pictures of this, but it was fun to see this tradition first hand. I've heard many story's of Grammy's 'warmer, warmer, hot, hot, hot, hot!!!! But, I've never actually seen Grammy in action on this one:) Thanks Grammy for the nice Easter celebrations.


0 comments: